FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We care about the privacy of our customers. Please read our entire Privacy and Security Policy.
Is my credit card information kept secure?
We have special technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to prevent unauthorized people from intercepting your credit card information. Please read about credit card security to learn other ways to make your shopping experience more secure.
I have the catalog item number of the product I’d like to purchase. How do I order it?
Click on Order by Item Number, which can be found in the footer of every page. You’ll be linked to a page where you can put in the catalog numbers of the products you want to buy. The rest of the checkout procedure is the same.
Will I be notified when my backordered item will be available or if the expected ship date changes?
If one of our items is on backorder we will notify you via postcard once it has been on backorder more than 30 days. If the item reaches 60 day period a second post card is sent informing you that the order for the item has been canceled.
I’m missing an item from my order. What do I do?
If an item has is missing from your order please check your invoice to ensure that missing item is not on backorder or check your email confirmation for possible multiple tracking numbers.(order may have been sent in multiple packages)
When will my order ship?
Domestic orders placed by 6 p.m. Eastern Time will be packed and shipped the same day, pending verification of billing information and the shipping method selected.
International orders and orders containing gift cards, out-of-stock items or refrigerated items will be processed as quickly as possible, but cannot be shipped out the same day.
My order needed verification; will it ship today?
If your order is held for verification purposes (most commonly billing or address verification) it will ship as soon as we can resolve the issue. This often involves getting clearance from banks or additional information from you.
What is your price matching policy?
Laboratoryandsupplies offers competitive prices for all of our items. We do not price match competitor website prices or promotions.
When do the promotions and prices on the website change?
Prices on our website can be updated at any time and may change for weekly and monthly specials.
Are the website prices the same as the stores and the catalog?
All online offers and prices are valid for online purchases only, and may be different from those in the catalog and in our retail stores.
How does the Buy One Get One Half Off Promotion work?
Mix and match from any items for any of the brands included in the promotion. The discount is taken on the second item of equal or lesser value. Buy One Get One Half Off Promotion is valid for a limited time. Please refer to the promotion disclaimer in the footer during the promotion period for further details.
Do I need to set up an account to shop on the website?
If you want to purchase products online you must set up an account. However, you don’t need to set it up until you are ready to check out. Until then, you may browse, learn, and comparison-shop as long as you like.
I have changed my address, email address and/or credit card. How do I change my account information?
Click on My Account at the very top of the home page. Log in using your current email address and password. You’ll then be able to change your account information, including credit card, billing and/or shipping address, email address and password.
I’ve forgotten the password for my account. What should I do?
Click on My Account at the very top of the home page. Scroll down to the “Forgot Your Password” section and follow the directions for receiving a new password instantly via email. Still have questions? Please contact us.
How do I “Sign out” of my account?
If you are using a public computer, you will want to log off, or “Sign out” of your account, before you leave the computer. You’ll be able to tell if you are signed in by the options you see in the upper-right navigation bar.
If you are signed in:
You will see your name in the upper-right navigation bar. If you hover over your name, the final option on the list will be ‘sign out.’ Click this option and you will be signed out. You can sign in and out at any time by clicking the portrait in the upper right by the search bar.
Ordering and Payment
How do I place an order?
1) Add items to your cart by clicking the “Add to Cart” button displayed along with the product description.
2) When you have added all of the items you wish to purchase to your cart, click the Checkout button on either the shopping cart page or the top right corner of the page you are using.
3) Enter your billing, shipping and payment information as directed.
4) Confirm your order by clicking the “Submit Order” button at the bottom of the confirmation page.
Can I make changes to my order after I have submitted it?
We work hard to get your orders processed as quickly as possible. Due to the speed of most of our shipments, we are not able to make any changes once the order has been submitted.
Can I cancel my order once it has been submitted?
We work hard to get your orders processed as quickly as possible. Due to the speed of most of our shipments, we are not able to cancel orders once the order has been submitted.
When am I charged for the items that I ordered?
Your credit card is charged once your order is shipped from our warehouse. If you have a backorder item on your order your credit or debit card will receive an authorization for the full amount of the order including the backorder item. However, you are only charged once an item(s) ship from our warehouse.
I order the same products each time. Can I be set up to receive them automatically?
We currently do not have a system in place to process orders automatically, however you can utilize our quick reorder function.
Can I view orders I’ve placed in the past?
Yes. Click on the “My Account” option at the very top of the home page. Log in using your email address and password. You’ll then be able to view your order history.
Will you notify me if there are problems with my order?
We will immediately notify you by email of any complications with your order, including backorders and credit card authorization issues.
Can I cancel my order?
Yes. Please contact Customer Care using our Feedback Form.
Can I return my order?
Yes, you can return any order by contacting Customer Care by using our Feedback Form, returning to any store with your pick up receipt. For more information see Return Policy.
What if I decide I don’t want an item when I pick up my order?
The store will complete the transaction and then perform a refund for the item that is no longer wanted.
Coupons, Promos, Gifts
How do I get coupons from Laboratoryandsupplies?
You may provide us with your email address to make sure we have your information for upcoming promotions. Or check out our deals page for all current offers.
My coupon is not working. What do I do?
- Make sure you have met the minimum purchase requirement stated on the coupon.
- Check that the coupon is not expired
- Make sure that your coupon is being used in the correct channel: web, catalog, store.
How do I redeem Coupons, Gift Cards on the website?
During the checkout process, you will be able to enter your coupon, gift card when you enter your payment information.
Do I need an account to place an order?
You do not need to create an account in order to place an order; you can checkout as a guest.
Why should I create an account?
Creating an account has a number of benefits. You can review the status of your current and past orders, identify your favourite stores and products for easier online shopping, store multiple addresses for delivery to make online checkout more efficient, and manage how you receive emails about special offers and upcoming products.
What type of communication will I receive if I create an account?
You will only receive emails about your account or orders you’ve placed. Additional emails about special offers and upcoming products will only be sent to account holders who have opted in to receive such messages. Account holders can unsubscribe from receiving these emails at anytime, by simply updating their profile preferences.
How do I create an account?
To create an account, please follow these steps:
- Click “Sign In/Register” at the top left of the page.
- Click the “Create Account” button.
- Fill in the required fields (name, email address, confirmation that you are 19 years of age or older) then select an account password.
- If you would like to receive emails about special offers and upcoming products, click the box to opt in.
- Click the “Register” button and your account will be set up.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive a welcome email from us, if you have opted-in to receive email communication.
How can I check to see if I already have an account?
If you can’t remember whether or not you created an account, try the “Forgot Your Password” link. You will be prompted to enter your email address. If an account does not exist for that email address, you will receive an error message. You can then proceed to create an account if you wish.
How do I change my personal information?
To change your personal information, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and click “My Account.”
- Click the “Profile” link to make changes to your personal information.
- Click the “Edit” button in the section of the information you would like to change (such as information about you, your account or your preferences).
- Once edits are made, click “Save Changes.”
How do I add favourite stores?
- In your Favourites, click the “Stores” tab.
- Click the “Add Store” button to add a store. You can either enter a city or postal code in the search bar titled “Find a Store Near You” or “Use Current Location” button to locate a store. This will bring up a list of stores near the postal code you provided or near your current location, depending on your search criteria, as well as a map with store locations.
- Select the heart icon beside the store you would like save to your favourites.
How do I add, remove or change a billing or shipping address in my address book?
- Click the “Add New Address” button and fill in the required fields. Indicate whether to save the address as your primary billing or primary shipping address. The same address can serve as both.
- To edit addresses in your address book, select the “Edit” button beside the address you would like to revise. Make the appropriate changes and click “Save Changes.”
- To delete an address, click “Delete Address” instead of “Save Changes.”
What if I forget my password?
If you can’t remember your password, please follow these steps:
- Click the “Forgot Your Password” link.
- Enter your email address and click “Submit.”
- We’ll email you a link to reset your password. Make sure to check your spam filters if the message does not arrive within a few minutes.
- Once you receive the email, click on the link in the email: this will bring you back to .com where you’ll be asked to log in using the temporary password, provided in the email.
- After logging in, you will be required to create a new password.
How do I sign out?
Simply click the “Logout” button beside your name on the top left corner of the page.
Are all products available in the store also available online?
Product selection and availability varies between our stores and our website. If you see a product in a store, it might not be available online, and vice versa.
How will I know what products are available to purchase online?
If a product is available to purchase online there will be an “Add to Cart” button beside the product.
What happens if a product is out of stock online?
You can check the site later to see if an item is back in stock or you can check availability. Unfortunately, we cannot create a back order for a product that is out of stock.
Why can’t I add a product to my cart?
Only products that are available for purchase online can be added to your cart. If a product is available for purchase online, you will not be able to add it to your cart if there is not enough inventory available for the quantity you requested, or if the product is out of stock. If a product is not available for purchase online or is out of stock online, an “Add to Cart” button will not appear beside the product.
What type of payment is required to place an order?
Payment can be made by VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Complete payment information, including credit card account number, security code, expiry date, as well as the address associated with the credit card, must be provided at time of ordering.
Can I use gift cards for online purchases?
Unfortunately we cannot accept gift cards for online purchases at this time.
When will I be charged?
When you place an order, an authorized hold will be made on your credit card to ensure there are available funds for your purchase. If the balance is available, the amount of your purchase will be reserved on your credit card (therefore this amount will not be available for other purchases). Once your order has shipped, your credit card will be charged.
What happens to my order if payment is declined?
If we encounter a problem processing the payment for your order, your order will be cancelled and you will receive an email notification that your payment was declined. If you would still like to make the purchase, you will need to place a new order using another credit card.
Will I receive a final receipt?
Your final receipt will be watermarked Official Receipt. It will be enclosed in your package if you’ve selected home delivery or provided to you at the store if you’ve selected in store pickup.
What are my social responsibilities?
When you submit an order, you are representing that you are aged 19 years or older and that you are not purchasing goods for anyone who is younger than 19 years of age. You (or the designated person picking up the order at the store, or signing for the order during home delivery) will be required to present proof of legal drinking age. Acceptable proof includes a valid driver’s license, passport, citizenship card and BYID photo identification card. The designated pickup location or courier may refuse release of goods if proper identification is not produced or if the recipient either is or appears to be intoxicated.
What do I do if I encounter errors when browsing the website?
If you encounter:
- error messages such as “no resource found” or “The page you requested does not exist.”
- an unexpected view such as misaligned headers, missing shopping cart icon, missing “sign in/register” options
- issues seeing the images or price of the products
- issues with checkout or your shopping cart
Refresh the page, delete the cookies and reboot your device.
What do I do when I get the following error message: “We could not process your transaction. Please check your credit card information”?
The billing address provided must match exactly with the address on your credit card statement. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card issuer for assistance, or try another credit card.
What do I do if my session times out?
After 15 minutes of inactivity on the payment page, you will not be able to complete your transaction. Please refresh the page and complete the checkout process again.